California Women Lead welcomes proposals from qualified candidates to present topics from their area of expertise or experience at our annual conference. To be considered as a session speaker, please complete and submit the form below.
A TIP ON PROPOSALS:
This conference draws women from the public and private sector to be inspired on their personal and professional leadership journeys. Session topics that focus on or include practical tips and specific information that attendees can implement immediately to positively impact their personal and professional futures are more likely to be selected.
- If selected, speakers will be asked to sign a Speaker Agreement, which includes:
- Agreeing to provide speaker biographies and photos, session title and description, AV requirements and presentation slides and materials for review and approval by California Women Lead according to specified deadlines. California Women Lead has the right to refuse and/or suggest changes to content.
- Agreeing not to promote themselves or their business, beyond the introduction provided by the session's room host and accompanying business cards at the session. The goal the California Women Lead Women’s Conference is to provide education to individuals interested in developing their leadership skill set that will advance their personal and professional goals. If that goal is compromised through biased statements and self-promotion, it can adversely affect the integrity of California Women Lead as well as future speaking opportunities for the offending speaker at future California Women Lead events.
- Agreeing not to campaign for or against any political candidate, party or issue during the speaker presentation.
- An assigned time slot.
All selected speakers will receive the following benefits:
- Complimentary conference registration
- Promotion online through social media, conference materials and conference mobile app
- Full biography presented to all attendees through the conference mobile app
- Thank you for your interest in presenting at the California Women Lead 2019 Women’s Conference. If you have any questions, please contact California Women Lead via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE YOUR SUBMIT A PROPOSAL
- The conference will be Monday, April 22 to Wednesday April 23, 2019 at the Disneyland Resort in Anaheim, California. Please ensure you can commit to speaking anytime during that window.
- There is a room block at the Disneyland Resort with discounted room rates. A personalize link will be sent to you upon confirmation of your participation.
- Conference sessions are 60 minutes in length.
- Speakers are unpaid volunteers who are selected by the California Women Lead Board with input from conference steering committee members. The speakers will have their conference fees waived, but travel and accommodations will not be reimbursed by California Women Lead. Speakers are responsible for their own travel arrangements and payment.
- These proposals are for the session speakers, not for the opening or closing keynote speakers.
- Please reference the Teaser Agenda with sample session topics. While we welcome other topic ideas, these are topics that have been suggested by past attendees and steering committee members and will be given priority.
- Deadline to submit a proposal: November 1st, 2018
- Notification to applicants: December 15th, 2018
- Final proposals, final bios, and head shots for selected speakers due: February 1, 2019
- If you are selected to speak at the 2019 Women’s Conference, please provide the following by February 1, 2019.
- Photo & Video Release Form permitting California Women Lead to promote your appearance on all our marketing channels.
- Promo Materials - Including head shot, bio, video, social media links.
SPEAKER CONTACT INFORMATION
All fields are not required; our evaluation will be based on the information provided. If you have online information regarding your speaking credentials or topic descriptions, please insert the URL in the "Session Description" field.
Speaker Bio(s): Upload a brief biography for each proposed speaker that demonstrates professional qualifications, expertise on the subject matter, and/or speaking experience.
Additional attachments are permitted. Please email to: email@example.com. Multiple session proposals are permitted. California Women Lead will acknowledge receipt of each submitted proposal and update you on the status of our review sufficiently in advance of upcoming conferences.