Invest in Shaping California's Women Leaders
California Women Lead is the state’s most diverse women’s NONPARTISAN leadership association. Our mission is to increase the number of women in elected and appointed office at all levels of California government – state, county and city. Year after year, California Women Lead members and partners participate in leadership trainings and workshops that provide the tools leaders need as officeholders, community advocates and policy makers in California. Program topics include personal branding, public speaking, building a personal network, mastering social media and relevant public policy discussions.
- Over 25,000 leaders are part of the California Women Lead Statewide network.
- 40 year history of empowering women leaders, 75% of current or former Congressional & Legislative Delegations are part of the California Women Lead network.
- More than 1,000 women have received training in applying for appointments to a board or commission.
- Over 300 events statewide attended by over 7,500 leaders in the past five years.
- 100 women leaders trained through California Women Lead’s “If Not You, Then Who” leadership institute, resulting in 50% of graduates running for elected office or currently serving in appointed office.
- National social media presence via Facebook, Twitter, Periscope, Instagram and YouTube.
Our work has generated results - 49% of the current Administration’s appointees are women
Why partner with California Women Lead?
Women earn 57.2% of Bachelor degrees, 60.4% of Master degrees & 52.3% of Doctoral degrees. 74.9% of women are the primary shopper and “control” 72.8% of household spending. Women “control” $12 trillion of the overall $18.4 trillion in global spending.
In California, women represent 50.3% of the population…..
- 37% of the Congressional delegation are women
- 30% of the State Constitutional officers are women
- 27% of the State Legislature are women
- 23% of County Supervisors are women
- 27% of City Council members are women
“Hearing from women who’ve had success in the public sector was my #1
reason for attending. I loved it all though! I plan to Join CA Women Lead and
~ Women’s Empowerment Day 2014
Download CA Women Lead's Premier Partnership Brochure
View our current Statewide Partners
View our Local Event Partners
Become a Partner Today!